Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hand feeding gators

Part of a separate excursion at Gatorland is to go and hand feed "aged meat" (aka smelly, rotten meat) to live alligators. This is what the boys used their Grandma/Grandpa Wise money for. I have video of them throwing the meat to the gators, but that too will come later - probably when I'm home and have reliable internet. For now, here's the two pictures have of it:


Yes, those gators look fake, but I assure you they are not. The guide is standing behind them and off to the left with a big stick that he kept pushing the gators back with. Wisely, they feed the gators and then pose for pictures : )





Tanner's apparently the only one that didn't truly trust the man with the big stick. He kept his eye on those gators the entire time as they were walking up out of the "gator pit".



The boys had an incredible time doing this! Hayden's comment was that it was "sweet" (his new favorite word, but that the meat was really gross and smelled horrible : )

No comments: