This year marked the first elementary school band concert Justin and I were invited to attend. Last year, Tanner lovingly took guitar lessons. The guitar students do not participate in the concert. This year, however, he decided to take drum lessons. And they DO participate in the band concert. Oh my!
The Hillview Elementary School band teacher is a lovely man. He has to be. He was humorous and patient and humorous and patient and patient. He made the students at ease and I think the students all left feeling that they've given the concert of the year. It was...wonderful.
Tanner was a masterful base drum player. He stayed on the beat and kept a great tempo. He really did well and I know his smile showed how much he really enjoyed himself.
He also had the opportunity to play the snare drum and triangle. He played both of these well too. I thought at one point we may have a runaway snare drum line, but it was just keeping in theme with the rest of the band. There were about 50 solos going on all at once : )
I made videos of the songs and once I figure out how to upload the joyful sounds and not have the internet throw them back at me, I will be sure to share them. It's not quite fair that Justin and I should be the only ones who were honored to attend this concert ; )
Doesn't he clean up well? Our little man, who sadly is just that. We can no longer say he's our little boy anymore. He definitely makes it known that he is no longer that!
Doesn't he clean up well? Our little man, who sadly is just that. We can no longer say he's our little boy anymore. He definitely makes it known that he is no longer that!
No comments:
Post a Comment