Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lucas turns 4

Lucas turned 4 on January 2. We've always tried to make his day special and not allow his day to just be a run-over of Christmas and New Year's. At church, he was informed that he could move up to the 4-year-old class. He barely waited to here the end of the sentence as he took off down the hall to his new big boy room. After church, we went to Olive Garden for lunch where he announced to everyone he saw, "It's my birthday. I'm four!" And when I say everyone, I mean everyone.
Justin's parents live just down the road so we made sure to see them while we were in the area. Justin's dad was at the shooting range with a friend so we made a visit to him there. Justin's mom was at home and surprised Lucas with a DQ ice cream cake. We all loved it!

He opened his presents while sitting on the kitchen island and all the other gifts were forgotten when he open the flashlight that "says Lucas". He loved that it had his name written on it. In a home with three other brothers there is very little that is definitively his. He was very excited.

He also received cards in the mail from Great Grandma Sue, Nana Sue in Florida, and my grandparents. Each time he opened a card, he said, "Dollars! I like dollars!"

I think his birthday was a success!

No comments: