Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Eve 2010/11

New Year's Eve...the night the kids look forward to every year! In past year's we've spent the night at David's house, but this year he proposed a new location. He secured the conference room at a hotel and we all rented rooms for the night as well. With an actual bed for each of us to sleep in (versus his living room floor or couch) and the addition of a pool for entertainment, it sounded like the perfect plan.
After the annual dinner with the Wise crew at Hoss's, we headed over for our big night. My mom, aunt, and uncles came over briefly to check out the spread before they went home for the night. Included in David's "short list" of invitees to stay for the evening were:
Blair & Kelly; Paige, Rob, & Bryce; Justin, the boys, and I; and his crew.
We had a blast and ate like royalty. David made his homemade alfredo sauce (mmmm! my mouth is watering just thinking about it), with penne pasta and broccoli, he picked up ribs with potato skins, and made mac & cheese for the kids. I made popcorn chicken for the kids, sausage swirls, and brownies. Paige and Blair added chips and snacks to the night.
My mom got the boys "uniforms" for the night. Considering that they usually spend the majority of the night playing Guitar Hero, the shirts were very appropriate and they thought they were the coolest kids around! They had matching pajama pants and robes as well.

The swimming was definitely a good addition. The kids were asleep at 12:45 versus their usual 2 or 3 am. They had a great time together in the water!


Paige, Rob, & Erin - poolside


Bryce kept trying to avoid the camera, but I got him just as he surfaced.
Wesley was more than willing to pose when a prop was offered!


Haley and Kyle didn't spend the night, but they got in some Wii fun before they headed home.


The boys are back! A Guitar Hero performance was requested before my mom, aunt, and uncles headed home. The boys didn't pick one of the songs they do the best job at, but they showed their stuff nonetheless. Thanks to Jamey for letting us use his projector!


Here's the onlookers!


Kyle, Haley, Amy, & BeeJ


My boys got a new Lego Connect4 game from Santa Grandma Cathy. Bryce and I took on the task of setup. It's quite the interesting game and the boys really enjoyed playing it.

Even the adults get in on the Guitar Hero action!
Lucas did quite a bit of flirting with Kelly! Blair'll have to watch his back : )

Erin brought the kids five bottles of sparkling grape juice and they finished four of them. They each had their own "big kid" glass and loved doing 'cheers' with one another.
On a down side, Justin (who got to sleep in the kids room) got to witness what four bottles of sparkling grape juice does to a kid. Apparently there was a lot of gassyness in that room!


Guitar Hero eventually led to Mario Cart, which is always an action packed game. Even subtle movement of the controller turns the cart. However, my kids think they need to move the controller as if they have a huge steering wheel in their hand. And they actually lean into the turns too! It's funny to watch.

This is party pooper row! Erin was loving her new iPad and Boomie was checking out who-knows-what on the computer.


Euchre anyone?


The boys room - before the toxic farting began! They thought they were the coolest because they had their own room. Justin slept with JJ, Tanner and Wesley shared a bed, and Cameron built himself a "cot" with the chair, luggage rack, and desk chair. It was interesting but he said it was very comfortable.


What's a night with the kids without a little wrestling match?


This was David and Erin's pose all night when they saw the camera aimed their way.


Boys...playing calmly...together...priceless!


This is a little archery action going on. I think David kicked everyone's butt, but it's his game so he had unfair advantage. I think Paige did very well too and showed the other guys how it should be done!


Boomie had back row seats to the Wii performances!

With a little internet action, we were able to watch the ball drop.


We all reserved jacuzzi suites, but I think the only people to actually make use of theirs was Lucas and Hayden the next morning before breakfast.
The boys are already talking about next year and how we're going to go back to the hotel again. It was a great idea (thanks Dave) and it was a great night! I have to laugh when I think of what I would've said 15 years ago if someone had asked me if I'd ever willingly spend New Year's with my brothers when I grew up. I'm blessed with a great family that enjoys creating traditions and memories and I'm doubly blessed that I have two brothers and that we grew up to actually get along and enjoy each other's company!
Happy New Year!

No comments: