Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Birthday party?

Hayden is spending his birthday weekend at my parents house...without any brothers. My dad picked him up today around 10 and they headed out. Hayden was full of ideas of things my dad would surely do with him until my mom got home. I haven't yet heard how that went, but I do know that when my mom got home he was more than glad to help decorate for his birthday party which is tomorrow.

Tonight, my parents took Hayden, Bryce, and Emily to the bowling lanes in Meadville. Hayden loves to bowl and had specifically asked for a bowling birthday party. I mentioned this to mom and told her she was sure to win extra points with him now that she'd fulfilled his birthday wish.

As they were leaving, my mom asked him if he'd enjoyed his bowling birthday party. He indicated that it wasn't a birthday party. My mom, Emily, and Bryce all chimed in that it was and happy birthday to him. He said, "It wasn't. No one brought any presents!" My dad said that he had paid for the bowling and where was Hayden's money. Hayden told him that he hadn't brought any. My dad said, "Well, that was your present then!" Touche!

Typical. Hayden and my dad have sparred from the day Hayden was born I think. I can't decide who's winning the war, but I'd say my dad definitely earned a point today!

Thanks to my parents, Emily, and Bryce for making this birthday getaway weekend special for him. It's hard to find individual, special moments for each of the boys, especially the little boys, but I know they soak it up when they get them.

Tomorrow is set to be a fantastic day. Church in the am, a birthday bash for Hayden, Lucas, and Haley tomorrow afternoon, and then the Steelers in the evening. Wow!! When Hayden was born, we were still in the hospital when the Steelers played New England and lost. Justin is definitely hoping that history does not repeat itself with the Jets. We'll have to see.

No comments: