Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rodeo - May 1, 2010

Thanks to Matty and Amanda, we've been introduced to the Sundance Arena Rodeo in Fredonia, PA. And sadly, it was the last one of the season. We'll have to wait until October to go again.

The boys absolutely loved it! They loved the bucking broncos the most, I think. But they liked the bulls quite a bit too!

Front row seats!!
Can you say "bull pen"? Literally!
This was the last show for this rodeo clown. He was retiring after this night.
The boys thought he was pretty cool!
I didn't get any pictures, or get to take any videos, but Lucas and Hayden were able to participate in a rodeo of a kind I've never seen before...a sheep rodeo! They asked for any children 6 or under who wanted to participate to come on down and sign up. Now signing up meant I practically had to sign their lives away (along with any liability if they should get trampled by a sheep!) They were both all for it though!!
We were the first in line, so Hayden was the first kid to go. Not having ever seen this before, I expected there to be plenty of time to get pictures, as I was sure they'd put the kids on nice, docile Dolly. Nope, they put the sheep inside the bull chute, put the kid on it, got the sheep all excited, and then opened the gate.
I wasn't even prepared when I looked up and saw Hayden flying across the arena on the side, yes he slipped to the side, of the sheep! He did fantastic!! Lucas marched right over for his turn and even then that dumb sheep moved too quick for me to snap a picture! Lucas came out of the chute on the sheep's side and soon landed face first in the dirt!! They were both quite proud of themselves.
Next year I'll be more prepared.

No comments: