To say that our house needed a little facelift would be being too nice. For the last six years we have lived in what I've dubbed the smurf house. I have also been saying for years that there is no way that it had any insulation on it. I've been proven correct.
After saving up, this summer our facelift plans were put into action. Our home has been recreated and I think it looks fabulous!
Here's a before picture of our mini-deck and smurf blue siding
Here's a picture as I've begun painting the bottom to match the new shutters. We wanted to paint before they removed the old siding because I'm not the cleanest painter : )
Here's the house as the siding is coming off. My insulation theories were confirmed when we saw this cardboard pseudo-insulation under the siding.
Ah! Insulation! The weekend it was completed is when the temperatures dropped. We could already tell the difference in the house staying warm with the new insulation.

I let the boys sign their names on the insulation. You would have thought it was Christmas. They were so excited!!
Mission completion!! I love it! Justin asked me how I thought it turned out. My response - I've been dreaming of our house looking like this for five years!! Our house is warm, it's beautiful on the outside, and it's full of love on the inside. Can't get much better than that!
1 comment:
I drove by the other day, the house looks GREAT!!
Post a Comment