Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A night of Guesstures

A fun game of Guesstures was how we decided to spend our evening. It was funny to see how some words that appeared to be so easy, turned out to be hard and how some hard ones were easily figured out! The boys had a great time and we all laughed a lot!
Justin grabs his card before it drops while Lucas looks on. Lucas was our "starter". He closed the lid to start the timer for everyone. Then he went and got the camera and took a picture of Justin. I love the look on Justin's face! I think he was shocked Lucas actually got the camera pointed in the right direction. We often end up with pictures of the ceiling and floor.

Hayden was determined to do it by himself. However, he had one problem...he doesn't know how to read. The first few times he went, I sat beside him and read cards to him while everyone left the room for him to "prepare". Then while he went, I whispered the words he had picked for him to act out. He did great! Then he decided he wanted to do it himself. He'd pick four cards and then he acted out whatever he wanted. He did a lot of throwing, kicking, spinning, etc. He was a riot to watch and he was quite proud of how well he did.
JJ was funny and not always sure of himself. He didn't always put the right action with the word, but he got the main idea of them so it turned out okay. For anyone who knows him, he's kind of like gumby and all arms and legs, so there was a lot of flailing going on at times too. He was a great help to Hayden and Lucas too! He encouraged Lucas at how well he was pushing the timer start button and he helped Hayden read some of his cards too.

Here's a look at the audience as they try to guess what the action is.
Hayden is his usual self and playing to the camera of course!

I'm sure you can guess Tanner's disappointment when Justin didn't guess goatee!
Tanner is very animated, but precise. He had us laughing quite a few times as well.


Me, well I have to admit I'm the queen of Guesstures! I've got the action to match any word and you've got half an ounce of creativity, I've got the word to match the action you're performing. Ha-ha! If only being good at Guesstures actually came with a prize! Oh, well.
It was fun! Tanner is always saying that we're boring. I think we showed him tonight that we're not as boring as he thinks. At least for an hour or two!

No comments: