When I arrived home from work tonight, I found Justin in the middle of making a yummy dinner and the boys playing. JJ was frustrated because he couldn't find his Awana book, Tanner couldn't get his pin on, and Hayden needed his vest on. Then someone made a passing comment about it being Mommy & Grandma night. WHAT??!! Oops! Tanner hurriedly called my mom in the hopes that she wasn't doing sports medicine tonight at the school. She wasn't and she agreed to meet us at the church for the night. The boys were glad to see her and she and I split time between Hayden's class and Tanner's/JJ's class. I went to Hayden's class for opening ceremony and story time, then I went to Tanner's/JJ's class for the end of games and worship and lesson time. My mom got to spend time with Tanner and JJ while they practiced and worked through their checkpoints in their books. Tanner completed a section tonight and earned a badge. JJ completed a section on his way to earning a badge in the future. Then she spent time with them during fun and games. It was a little wild when I got there to switch with her, so I think she was glad to change at that point.
The boys were glad to have us there and really seemed to enjoy including us in their evening and very proud to let us see them make progress in their books. It was a really great night! Thanks mom for coming and sorry about the horribly late notice : )
No comments:
Post a Comment