Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Friday, January 15, 2010

Lucas "got shot" and the aftermath

Lucas had his three-year check-up yesterday. When I got home from work, I asked him what he did that day. Here's our conversation:

L: "I got a boo-boo."
M: "Well, how did you get a boo-boo?"
L: "I went to the doctor. I got shot!"
M: "You got shot? Well, who did that?"
L: "The girl. She shot me!"
M: "Where did she shoot you?"
L: "In my leg. (lifts pant leg) See my band-aid?"
M: "Well, what did she shoot you with?"
L: "A stick."

I asked him if it was okay now and he said that it was okay and he had a band-aid to make it better.

*Flash forward to this morning:

Lucas woke up this morning crying and fussing. Tanner asked him what was wrong. Here's their conversation:

L: "My leg doesn't work."
T: "What?"
L: "I said my leg doesn't work."
T: "Well what's wrong with it."
L: "It doesn't work I said." He pulled up pant leg to show Tanner and his magical healing band-aid had slipped off in his sleep and was stuck to the inside of his pajama pants.

T: "Do you need a new band-aid?"
L: "Yes."
Tanner goes and gets a band-aid and puts it on Lucas' microscopic boo-boo.
Lucas' tears suddenly disappear and he says, "My leg works now!"

No comments: