Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Monday, January 5, 2009

U-N-C-O-N-S-C-I-O-U-S

Unconscious...is that a word an almost four year old ought to know how to use in a sentence? Before tonight I would have answered that question with a big, giant "NO". However, Hayden is always surprising us.

As Justin and I sat watching NCIS (one of our favorite television shows) we came to the part where Ducky was going to perform the autopsy on the Marine who died in this episode. However, when Ducky unzipped the body bag and leaned in for a look, the "dead" soldier's eyes opened and he drew in a deep breath. (It seems when they found him face down in the snow and determined he was dead, he was really only frozen).

The boys had been running around playing throughout this entire time. However, at the moment the Marine opened his eyes, Hayden was standing right in front of the television. He turned to the rest of us, and in his calm, know-it-all voice told us, "looks like he was just unconscious".

Me: WHAT!!!???

Hayden: "I said he was just unconscious".

I looked at him and said, "okay, thanks for clarifying and where did you learn that word?"

He still hasn't answered that question except to look at me with one eyebrow raised and grin.

No comments: