A few years ago, my in-laws moved into a community where all their lawn care, snow removal,etc needs are taken care of (note to self: find one of those and move NOW!). But anyway, when they moved, my father-in-law pretty much donated most of his lawn care equipment to us. All of it has proved very useful over the years. Thanks again to them!
Amongst that equipment was a Steelers snowblower. The first year we had it, we were like little kids at Christmas. We even snowplowed paths through the yard. Sadly, last year we didn't even start it up once because the snow wasn't bad at all. This year is a different story.
Today we are at 9+ inches of snow (in less than 24 hours) and it's still steadily snowing. Most of you know that Justin has taken a new job where he works all day Saturday, thus I am on snow patrol.
I decided to fire the Steelermobile up today and see what it could do with nine inch drifts. So it was me and my yellow snowblower against my not-so-nicely sloped driveway. I pushed, I pulled, I grunted, I slipped, I kicked...but I came out victorious! My driveway is clear (even the about two foot deep glacier that the street snowplow man created at the end of my driveway!) How long will it be clear is yet unknown. However, I know that the next time I go out to snowplow, I will have that much less to do.
A big thank you to my in-laws for the snowblower!!! Can you imagine if I had tried to do it with a shovel??!!
No comments:
Post a Comment