Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Thursday, January 8, 2009

5 minutes later...9:42pm

H: "Dad, can I have Burger King?"
D: "Are you kidding me? We ate a big dinner (cream chicken and biscuits, by the way)...oh no Mandie, he didn't eat remember? He slept through dinner"
M: "Oops. Are you hungry buddy?"
H: "Yep"
D: "Do you want some biscuits and gravy?"
H: "Nope"
M: "What are you hungry for?"
H: "Tacos"
M & D: (guilt ridden for forgetting they hadn't fed a child) "Okay"
D: "Mommy will take you"

So, we get bundled up and head to Taco Bell with Hayden getting more and more excited as we make the 2.5 second drive to Taco Bell. However, my night just kept getting better and better. I decided to take the truck since it doesn't go very many place with Justin at home most of the time. Wrong decision! We get to Taco Bell (amidst many excited "there it is" and "we're almost there") and I discover that the window is frozen shut - grrr!! So I have to pull ahead and open the door to order. Then when I pulled around to the pick-up window I had to physically get out of the truck and walk to the window - and yes, Hayden tried to get out and come with me to "help"! I guess that's what I get for not feeding a child!

No comments: