Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hayden's Birthday Outing

For Hayden's birthday yesterday, we all went to Wildwood Highlands (like Chuck-E-Cheese in a way but MUCH better and not as annoying). On Friday nights they have an all-you-can-eat pizza and wing buffet, and last night they also had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli cheese soup, salad, and chicken tenders. We all ate way too much.

The kids spent most of the night climbing throught the three levels of play tubes and slides. Tanner, JJ, and Hayden loved every minute of it.

Lucas wasn't so sure of any of it at first. Then he ran in and we assumed he was loving it after we didn't see him for a few minutes. So we sent Tanner and JJ back up into the tubes to find where he was (there is only one entrance to the play area so we knew he was in there somewhere). They both kept coming back to report that he wasn't up in the tubes anywhere. So, being the thorough mother I am, I went up into the tubes to look for myself. I ran into Hayden on the third level and asked him if he'd seen Lucas. He said, "he's in the green door and you can't go there because it has an alarm on it". What?! So I asked him to show me. He took me down to the ground floor and I followed him over towards the ball pit where, lo and behold, there was a green emergency exit door. And yep, I could hear Lucas crying behind that closed door. So, being the not so brave mother, I called Justin over and made him push it open (that way I could point at him if the alarm went off!!) The alarm did not sound and there was Lucas standing in a chilly little room. Needless to say, he was not allowed to play without a brother buddy for the rest of the night.

To end the evening, we let the boys play some arcade games. I can't tell you what the older two played because they went off on their own with pockets full of tokens. Justin was Lucas' buddy and I went with Hayden. Hayden greatly enjoyed ski-ball (sp?) and whack-a-mole. However, someone needs to teach that boy to remember his tickets before moving on. He was too worried about getting to the next game to remember to grab his tickets.

Justin said I bow out of too many pictures so this was
his way of rebelling and "not" being in this one.

No comments: