Justin made a fabulous dinner yesterday - a roast with potatoes and carrots! I love it! However, after serving Hayden his plate, he calmly (and quite adamantly) told Justin that he wanted real potatoes with his dinner. Justin told him that those were real potatoes on his plate. Hayden continued to argue that they were not real. Justin took Hayden's plate, mashed the potatoes some more and added lots of butter. This calmed Hayden for a minute until he took a bite. "These are not REAL potatoes", he yelled. We were rather confused until he finally cleared it up for us.
My mother has moved into the era of Bob Evans mashed potatoes that you microwave. I have to admit that they are great...perfectly seasoned, creamy, not really a need to add butter (although I do). Apparently, Hayden has been brainwashed by my mother into thinking that the Bob Evans potatoes are the only "real" potatoes out there.
My poor husband, slaving all day peeling and cutting potatoes and carrots. And the potatoes weren't even "real"!!
No comments:
Post a Comment