Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Friday, September 18, 2009

Souvenir of choice

Tanner has been eyeing a ring that says OBX all week even as we've been making him look around at different stores and things. We never buy their souvenirs until the last day because we don't want to risk them changing their minds and us coming home with a million things that will be broken in a day.

Hayden came running into our room this afternoon and the conversation went like this:

H: I need a ring!

M: What do you need a ring for?

H: I am trying to date a girl, Haley, and I need a ring.

M: You are doing what?!

H: I need a ring to date a girl!

As I was laughing (but trying not to let him see me laugh) I told him to go ask his dad if he could have a ring. Their conversation went like this:

J: What do you need a ring for?

H: (pause) (pause) Because.

J: What do you want a ring for?

H: (pause) Cuz I want one.

J: No, really. Do you need it for something?

H: Yea.

J: For what?

H: Cuz I need Haley to like it.

Sorry Haley - but don't worry...you live in Pennsylvania and not West Virginia!!

No comments: