Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Laughter - Medicine for the soul

Today was a wild day of "bloggable" moments, so I'll just list them!

1. My mom called me this morning to tell me that they lost JJ last night at 1:30am. WHAT? Oh, it's okay we found him. He apparently got up in the night to use the bathroom and when he came back, he curled up on the floor under his bed. His covers were thrown back in just the perfect way to hide him. My mom heard a noise around 1:30 so she got up to check everyone. Tanner and Hayden were in their beds, but JJ was nowhere to be found. Oops! Must have forgotten to tell her that JJ is my niche sleeper. He will find the most unlikely place to sleep. We have found him in closets, under furniture, etc!

2. Paige and I were sitting on the trampoline when Bryce came over to join us. We jumped for a while and then Paige jumped off the trampoline and headed toward the food saying, "I need a piece of Texas sheetcake". Then I followed her saying, "I need some macaroni and cheese". Bryce was left on the trampoline alone. His reply? "I need some friends!!"

3. Tanner and Wesley were in charge of picking corn from my parents' garden. They didn't do such a good job at picking ripe ears, but they did give us a source of humor as Joy, Cameron, JJ, Hayden, and Lucas husked the ears:
* When asked what he was doing, Hayden said, "hush puffs" (aka husking corn). Then he later told us he was "huksing" them.
* Cameron, Hayden, and JJ kept saying "holy crap" as they found ears of all sizes as well of states of ripening. Lucas joined them by saying, "holy cap".
* When told to make sure he got all the hairs off the corn, Hayden promptly told Joy that he was shaving his.
* Joy then husked one and in an attempt to throw the husk in the woods, it landed square on Hayden's head. (picture to be uploaded soon!)

4. Due to my mother's sometimes overwhelming open door policy, I told her I was putting a sign at the end of their lane that said "family only". Tanner piped up and said, "moneyless too". What? He said, "you know. poor people". I said to him, "honey, you are poor." To which he answered, "No I'm not". I asked him why he wasn't poor and he said, "Because I have you". There you have it, the true purpose of parents - being a human piggy bank.

5. We made Lucas' sloppy joe not so sloppy by breaking up the bun and then putting the meat over that. He was very content to eat it with a fork and seemed to really like it. Then Tiny came to sit beside him and soon Lucas was giving Tiny a bite, then eating a bit off the same slobbery fork, then giving Tiny a bite. All the while, he kept saying, "Wanna bite puppy? Sit puppy". My uncle Brett said, "I think he might need glasses". Anyone who's seen Tiny knows he's not a puppy anymore. Then, while Tiny was trying to stick his head up under the arm of the chair to get another lick, he raised his head a bit too high and sent Lucas tumbling as the chair tipped over!

Well, that's all my tired brain can remember. I'm sure after my family reads this, they will inform me of the ones I've missed and Paige is sending me pictures she took that I'll upload as well. Hope you enjoyed!

No comments: