Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Helicopter, helicopter why are you here?

Tonight at around 6pm, a noise outside caught our attention. The mediflight helicopter always flies over our house en route to or from the hospital, or small planes fly over. We'll often see a low-flying military plane as well. Oh, and the Goodyear Blimp always flies over on it's way to Pittsburgh games as well. However, tonight was different...

I stepped out onto the back porch to see what was going on and saw a helicopter flying over the house...a BIG helicopter. It got a little ways over the apartments behind us before turning back. It then began landing in the armory field down from our house. My neighbor's door opened and their grandson came out. He ran over to see what was going on. He came back to tell us that it was an army medic helicopter. I wondered if they were doing some sort of maneuvers tonight, but it's a Tuesday. Reserves do most of their things on the weekends. But then the helicopter shut down and the lights went out.

I had to do some grocery shopping, so the boys and I jumped in the car and, being the nosy one I am, we drove down by the armory and turned in to see what we could see. The parking lot was PACKED!! And from where we were in the car, we could see people inside were dressed up.

When Justin got home from training tonight, I told him to run over with the boys to let them see it. I told him I bet that someone arrived to the event in the helicopter and he didn't believe me. But...as usual...I was RIGHT! Arriving via army helicopter to some event at the Grove City Army Reserves Armory was Steeler Brett Keisel!! No the boys didn't get to meet him but they still thought it was cool!

However, when they got over to the armory field, the helicopter's Crew Chief just happened to be outside and noticed them and came over to talk to them. He opened the back and let the boys look inside. Then he opened the front where the pilot sits and let JJ climb inside. You wanna talk about in his glory!!?? Justin took a picture with his phone; however, it's dark at 6:30 in PA now and all you can see is JJ's cute little white face. I've got to train my husband better so that he always remembers to take the camera to each and every possibly bloggable event!

Cool huh? I thought so!

No comments: