Preface: I do have three other children; however, lately it has been Hayden who has been having "bloggable" moments. I promise to share stories of the others as they occur...because believe me, they WILL occur!!
Tanner had a ball game today and the Wise picnic was today. Therefore, I took JJ and Hayden to my parents' house yesterday so that they wouldn't have to go to yet another ball game. Lucas loves to go to ball "practice" (anything to do with baseball is called practice by him).
Not long after the game started, I got a phone call from my mom. It went something like this -
Mom: "Your son has locked himself in the camper bathroom and can't get himself out"
Me: "Which son?"
Mom: "Which one do you think?"
Me: "Hayden?"
Mom: "Yes"
Me: "He knows how to lock that door, so he ought to know how to unlock it. There's a switch on the door"
Mom: "David, she said there's a switch on the door. Hayden, your mom said there's a switch on the door"
--click--
I got hung up on.
When I called after the game was over, he had been rescued but only by having my dad unscrew and take the door out.
I don't know if the door was locked previously, but when he went in and it shut behind him he was left in the dark. In campers, the light switches are pretty high up and the light from the windows is pretty ineffective. I think if there had been a light on he wouldn't have had any problems, but I think he was pretty freaked out! It didn't help that David told him he was going to leave him in there until he was 21!! Apparently, they tried to send Cameron through the little window but he didn't fit. At one point, before his rescue was complete, Hayden apparently just sat on the floor in complete defeat!! Needless to say, I don't think he'll be using that bathroom any time too soon!!
1 comment:
Post a Comment