Tonight we celebrated my Grandpa McCurdy's 80th birthday!! We had a champagne toast by my Aunt Brenda then we dug into the yummy cake with raspberry filling! It was nice getting together to celebrate his special day! I also got to congratulate Sabrina on her recent engagement and learned that LeAnne got a job in Grove City so hopefully we'll get to hang out more.
After the party, the boys went swimming in the pond. It was freezing, but the "bob brothers" (Hayden and Lucas) floated around happily. Hayden jumped off the diving board several times, as did JJ. Justin joined them and had a great time. He hasn't had much chance to hang out at the pond this summer. I watched from the bank, slowly getting eaten alive by the mosquitos! I tolerated it for only so long before I put an end to the swimming fun and made everyone come in so we could go home.
We got home just as the third quarter of the Steelers preseason game was beginning, so Justin was glad for that. My mom called and we got caught up on all that Tanner had done at camp today. His sermon is memorized, and he's hoping to clean it up a bit and get it approved tomorrow. He's still having a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment