Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lunch time adventures

Beautiful weather. Lunch hour break. Wiffle ball and bat. A mom and her son. Sounds harmless right?

Hayden signed up for baseball this year, his first year. Even though he by age has to play t-ball, he can hit a pitched ball. While I was home for lunch today, he grabbed his bat and ball and asked Justin and I to play. Justin threw him a few pitches before going over to give our neighbors a hand in their garage. I was eating my chicken patty sandwich, but you only need one hand to pitch right?

I pitched him ball after ball and he was pretty consistent in either hitting them on the ground to my right or over my head. I was distracted by Lucas running around and also by my neighbor who was talking to me while I pitched/ate. I pitched the ball, turned to answer her, and...Hayden hit a line drive right at me. I attempted to raise my hands to block my head, when - WHACK!

The wiffle ball blasted through my sandwich and whacked me right on the head!! My poor chicken patty sandwich was no more and even worse, I was wearing most of it. It was like the thing exploded! Pieces of chicken, blobs of mayo, pieces of the bun...yuck! Hayden looked up and said, "What a shot! You weren't going to eat that were ya mom?"

Needless to say I had to make a quick change before heading back to work.

No comments: