Ah, what better to do on a Sunday in March, when the weather is nearing 65, than spend a day at the McCurdy farm? Playing in the stream, getting muddy, catching frogs, rolling down the hill...pure bliss!
This is, I guess, Lucas's first true year of being "one of the boys" around the pond. And in one short span of time on this Sunday afternoon, he proved he could "hang with the best". He and the freezing cold stream became one as he crawled, jumped, slipped, and slashed his little heart out. There wasn't a more content boy than he was that day. The water in the stream was deeper than his boots, but he plunged right in, not knowing he really ought to stay in the shallow part. I wasn't about to interrupt his enjoyment...even after he decided to swim in the frigid water! That's what Grandma Cathy has a garden tub for, right? To warm up in the "hot tub" when they're done playing in the cold!
It appears I was interrupting a brotherly pow-wow here! I'm looking forward to seeing how these four interact this summer now that Lucas is big enough to play along now. I'm hoping this solves the odd-man-out scenarios from last summer.
Here Lucas and Hayden are using the dock stairs for something I would have never envisioned...
a racecar/rocking chair. They rocked back and forth while Lucas made great car sounds!
Hayden was proud and quite fulfilled to receive the praise from my Aunt Jenny as she watched Hayden roll down the hill in quite humorous style.
And what would be a visit to Grandma and Papa's house without a trip to a fort in the woods or two? And what would a parent have to worry about when the weather has been hovering near 40 for several days?
Poison ivy? Never! Too early!
Guess again...
Here's poor JJ all lotioned up. He has officially joined the ranks with his father and Grandma Cathy in requiring a shot to manage the spread of the poison ivy! Ugh! It earned him two days off of school, but I think he would have chosen school over the itching and "giant" shot!
No comments:
Post a Comment