Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Checkers

It was a beautiful day in Grove City today. After dinner, Justin promised that we would all walk to the park, as our time left with warm weather is quickly fading. We had barely gotten past our neighbor's house when the cat that loves to root through our garbage began following us.
Lucas walked up to it and sat down beside it. He began petting it and turned to look at Justin and said, "She loves me. She says 'merow'". Justin just kind of looked at him and grinned...it was a cute picture, Lucas sitting there with the little kitty on his lap.
Then Lucas turned to Justin and said, "She want to go with me". Hayden joined Lucas in petting the cat and JJ tried to get them both to leave the cat alone. Justin told him to leave the boys be and he then walked over to join Hayden and Lucas. He said to Lucas, "You really like her, huh?" Then he looked at me with that "the kid can get me to do anything" grin and said, "It is a nice looking cat and she's always around anyways and the kids like her and she can stay outside."
So, we made a deal. I put an old blanket out under our porch table and we gave her a small bowl of milk. Then, Justin remembered we were out of allergy pills (he is allergic to cats), so he sent me to Wal*Mart where I got allergy pills, a $1 cat food/water bowl, and a $3 bag of cat food. So with $4 invested in this cat, I went home to see what awaited me there.

By the time I got home, the cat had a name - Checkers. I can't tell if the boys are excited about the cat itself or excited that they were able to convince daddy that they needed this cat. Justin's already addicted and talking about getting my parent's old dog house, because "it's cold and the poor thing is out there". I think he forgets that the outside is where the thing had been living before it found Lucas. As we were putting the boys to bed, Justin kept peeking out the back door to see if the cat was still there. The deal is now a week. If she is still around after one week, Justin says he's making her a spot in the garage.
We'll see. I think Checkers is here to stay and my no-pet zone rule has been overruled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brought tears to my eyes!! So precious is your family and wow is that one lucky little cat. I love cats, as your Dad does Mandie, but Grandpa doesn't. Love you all, Grandma