My grandmother has always kept journals, as did her father (and I believe grandmother) before her. There were a few of them that she gave my mom and I was reading some of them last weekend. I couldn't help but laugh, until I cried of course!! I had to read it aloud for all to hear and join in laughing at my mother's antics. She swears that she now knows where the genetic source of Hayden's quick quips come from.
My grandma wrote in her diary about a night when she was teaching Bible school and she took my mom (age 4) along. She wrote that after the night was over, my mom told her that the teacher couldn't figure out her last name. My grandma asked my mom if she spelled her name for the teacher and my mother answered that she had.
She told my grandma that she told her teacher that her name was, "C-A-T-H-Y W-X-Y-Z"!!!!
Okay, little miss Cathy. We understand your first name, but your last name is Wise! I could have bought W-Y-Z as a possible spelling, but where does the X come in?? Needless to say, we had a good old laugh on my mother's behalf.
No comments:
Post a Comment