
I joined my grandparents and Aunt Joy & Uncle Brett at church two weeks ago after spending the weekend at my parent's house. Lucas was not at all interested in staying in his Sunday school class, so he went to church with me. During church, he colored, played with my grandma's ring and watch, played with my purse, played with my aunt's nail file, etc... He was a very active little man.
However, as we were leaving church, he grabbed my grandma's Bible and grabbed my grandpa and began walking out. I couldn't help but take a picture as they walked out together.
It means so much to me that my children have my grandparents in their lives, to be for my boys and my nephews, what they have always been to me. They are my rock and mean so much to me. I love them so much!
My children are blessed with family. They have two grandfathers, two grandmothers, two great-grandfathers, and four great-grandmothers - as well as aunts, uncles, and cousins galore. My great-grandmother also lived long enough to meet three of my boys, her great-great-grandsons. Tanner and JJ were also blessed to have known and loved Putsy, their stepgrandfather who got great joy out of the antics of the boys. He truly loved those boys. And while my boys never had the chance to meet their Great-Grandpa McCreadie or Great-Grandpa Costello, I know that they too would have loved our boys.
Legacies are often spoken of with humorous tones, but I think more of our children need legacies to build upon. I think family and the history that comes with family are so important. I want my boys to know where they come from. I want them to know the struggles, the triumphs, the sacrifices, the commitment. This world is not the same simple, peaceful place I grew up in. A child needs more support now than ever and I am thankful that my boys will have that.
I'm thankful...
...for family and the heritage it teaches and the foundation it provides and the love it offers
No comments:
Post a Comment