With four boys and two adults, we have a lot of laundry in our house. I hate laundry! Justin hates folding laudry! So, he washes/dries and then I unhappily fold. Recently, I've decided that if I have to fold then the older boys can help. JJ and Tanner put their shirts on hangers and more recently, Tanner has begun matching the socks. He seems to like doing it, so I won't tell him it's my least favorite thing to do.
Tonight, we were doing laundry and Tanner was again on sock matching duty. I noticed he kept bending over at times and I wondered what he was doing. I looked over and saw his method for figuring out which socks went in which pile. My socks and Justin's socks were clearly ours, but with all the boy socks floating around, matching does get interesting. However, Tanner appears to have found a system...
If he couldn't tell by sight which sock belonged in which pile, he was trying them on. If they fit, he'd match them and put them in his pile. If they didn't fit, he'd put them in the little boy sock pile.
I call it a genius idea!!
No comments:
Post a Comment