Since I was a little girl we have always had a real tree for Christmas. Most years as a child, we dug the tree and planted it along our property line after Christmas or we would simply cut it and then throw it out. The trees we dug and replanted still there and now quite HUGE. I pointed them out to the boys yesterday. And no, at home we do not have a real tree. Justin is convinced that the boys will find a way to burn our house down with a real tree!

Now that my brothers and I are too old to enjoy the hunt for the "Perfect Tree", my boys have joined my parents on that trek. We went on Saturday and amid many, "Grandma, I found it" or "Papa over here" or "Hurry Hurry" conversations, the perfect tree was found.
Tanner and JJ did a great job of cutting this year's tree down. Hayden gave it a try but "wasn't strong tough enough to do it".
Justin helped them finish it off and then hauled it to the car. Grandma and Papa McCurdy had a good time (I hope) watching the kids go nuts over what tree to pick and just how to go about cutting it down!
No comments:
Post a Comment