Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Underwear

I debated not posting this because of the nature of the topic, but Justin says it has to be done. He says it's a story that the unnamed child will get a laugh out of someday. So, here we go.

Unnamed child came out of the bathroom after taking his bath last night and came and sat beside me on the couch. All four boys sleep in their underwear, so that's obviously the only thing this boy was wearing. He leaned over and whispered, "There's a hole in my underwear." I look over and he's pointing to the part on boys underwear that has the little opening in the front.

Justin, who was sitting on the other side of me, would have fallen off the couch in hysterics laughing if I hadn't of nudged him.

So, I calmly say, "Well, buddy, all of your underwear have always had that little hole in the front."  He looked at me like I was crazy. Who knows? Maybe in the midst of all the crazy Superman, SpongeBob, and Spiderman themed underwear and the pictures covering them, that part was never noticed by this poor boy. And then last night he happened to put on a pair that were just plain blue.

So, Justin had a father to son talk about underwear. A talk I don't think he ever imagined having with a boy who has been potty trained for over three years.  Oops!  Did I just "name" the unnamed child? :)

No comments: