Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Astronomy what???

Conversation with Hayden at bedtime tonight:

H: I love you mommy.
M: I love you too.
H: I love you more.
M: I love you the most.
H: I love you the mostest.
M: I love you to the moon and back.
H: I love you to Jupiter.
M: I love you to Pluto.
H: (pause) Pluto isn't even a planet!!
M: Yes, it is. You better study up on your astronomy.
H: What is astronomy??

See what living in town with streetlights shining on your backyard does?  Parenting fail for the fact that my child doesn't know what astronomy is.  Oh, the memories I have of laying in a mowed corn field in the pitch dark and staring at the heavens above. I definitely miss being able to fully see the stars when I step outside. And I definitely am going to get the telescope out and teach this poor boy about astronomy :)

P.S. As I recounted our conversation to Justin later, he reminded me that Pluto really isn't a planet anymore. Poor thing got demoted to a moon or something. So maybe Hayden needs to reteach me astronomy :)

No comments: