The 2011 baseball season is officially underway and with it comes a weeknight schedule full of games. Every year the season is kicked off officially with 'Opening Day Ceremonies'. Each team and their coaches are announced and then line the infield. The players then say the Little League pledge, the national anthem is sung, and the first pitch is thrown. It's a crazy day, especially when you have four boys playing at the same time!
This is Lucas' tee-ball team - Dairy Queen (red)
Lucas is the 4th from the left
Hayden is right beside the coach with his hands on his hips
This is part of JJ's minor league team - Laurel Eye (green)
They're walking out onto the field
Thankfully the rain has helped keep our baseball schedule to a minimum (oops, did I really say that!!). We have games Monday through Friday, every night. Sometimes we only have one game per night and sometimes we have three. It definitely keeps us busy and there is never a dull moment. All four boys are doing fantastic and really learning new things this year. I wasn't very impressed with all the coaches last year, but this year I think we have coaches that are invested in teaching the kids and not just letting them run around on the field. I think it's going to be a great season!
No comments:
Post a Comment