Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Friday, July 30, 2010

Finding Tomorrow

We are headed to Virginia tomorrow to join in the celebration of a dear friend's wedding. I thought I'd get started with packing on my lunch break today and listed for each boy what they needed to put in their suitcase. Lucas finished with a little help from JJ and I, zipped his suitcase, stood it upright on it's wheels, and headed for the door. When I asked him where he was going he said, "Splasha Lagoon". I told him that we were going to Virginia, not Splash Lagoon. He said, "Oh. Okay, let's go to 'ginia'".

I told him that we weren't going yet because we were going tomorrow. I also told him that we had to wait until Paigee came. He said it was tomorrow and he was going to get in the car. I tried again nicely to tell him that he could not get in the car as I had to go back to work soon and we weren't going to Virginia until tomorrow. He looked at me, smiled, and went outside, dragging his suitcase behind him. I was done with my argument with my stubborn three-year-old, so I continued eating my lunch.

All of a sudden, he ran back inside and yelled, "Come here, mom! I found tomorrow! It's outside!"

He was so excited to have found tomorrow, he had his suitcase, and he was ready to go. Too bad I had to let him down by telling him that it truly wasn't tomorrow and he'd just have to wait a little longer.

1 comment:

Chip said...

I'm pretty jazzed about seeing you guys!