Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Thursday, April 1, 2010

"Rock" climbing - 3/31/10

Behind our townhouse is this cool little rock "mountain". It is simply the coolest thing that the kids have ever seen I think. They've climbed it, they've played hide and seek on it, and they've simply just enjoyed running around it.
I call this the boys' rock star picture.
If only we had a CD to make it the cover for! : )

Here's some pictures as the boys "climbed" the mountain.




After they climbed the mountain, we found this cute little trail that led us down to the harbor from where we're staying. Justin attempted to recreate the walk later to see if he could figure out how far we'd walked. He thinks it was about three miles.
It was beautiful out, the kids were in the hiking mood, and we really just enjoyed being outside after dealing with rain all day Tuesday. I'm glad that the kids love the outdoors. It makes our vacations so much more memorable, because our stops along the way aren't planned, scheduled, or defined by a tour guide. They're just ours. And I like it that way!

No comments: