Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Blessing Named Paige and Family Abounding

Paige
One word, one person, yet so much to a family who loves her. She is daughter, granddaughter, niece, sister, cousin, "pseudo-aunt", friend. We are blessed to have her in our lives.
I was the only granddaughter on my mom's side for ten years before Paige arrived on the scene. And while I wasn't sure of her raining on my only granddaughter parade then, I am sure now that I am VERY glad to have her around. She gives of herself, she's humble, she's loving.
And my boys LOVE her! And she loves them! They are confused by the whole cousin versus aunt thing, but we've assured them that if they want to call her aunt, they may do so. However, Paigee seems to be what she's called the most. Paige is gracious enough to take time to spend with our boys, giving us some often needed breaks by ourselves and giving them the attention that they often seek. Last night was one of those nights as we attended the Grove City College employee Christmas dinner. Tanner was away last night, but the other three boys had a blast!
Paige brought Alvin and the Chipmunks to watch and the boys assured her that they'd help her not be afraid of chipmunks anymore. They popped some popcorn, played with "Chalupa", and did a little wrestling. We weren't gone long last night, but they packed a lot of fun into that short time. After we got back, the boys showed Paige what they could do with a microphone, and two toy guitars. The concerts they put on are funny, cute, and wild all at the same time. I told Paige that we'd have to bring their "equipment" to our Christmas day party because I would love to see my Uncle Brett and Grandpa Wise's faces! They think my boys are characters already, but they haven't seen anything yet! Hopefully they'll perform then as they always do at home.
Paige always brings her camera with her as well and she often gets shots of the boys that amaze me. Last night was no different. Here's some pictures she took:

JJ and Paige with "Chalupa" on guard

Paige and Lucas - he loves to snuggle up her!


JJ, Chalupa, and Hayden
I can't decided if poor Tallulah likes coming to our house to play
with the boys, or likes coming to our house because she
is able to always find a snack (aka food the boys have dropped)
under the couch, or table, or in their rooms! Maybe she likes both.

I almost cried when I saw this one. I know that my boys love
each other, but some days they're far from showing it.
What an awesome scene of baby brother reading to big brother!
Another unusual scene: Sitting nicely, together, not pushing,
not fighting, just listening.

Thank you Paige for the time you invest in the young lives of my boys. Thank you for loving them! Thank you to my Grandma & Grandpa Wise, my Aunt Joy and Uncle Brett, my parents, and my Uncle Brad. You've helped all of us eight original cousins become who we are today. You love us, nurture us, encourage our dreams. And you taught us about Jesus. And now you have brought my boys and David's boys into that and made it known how much you love them!
Justin and I couldn't be more blessed. We have my family and his parents nearby and I know our our boys will benefit from that tight knit feeling, much as I did growing up. I'm thankful that Chuck and Deb are a bit closer now and the boys can visit them more often. I know that the boys' Grandma Sue and Nana Sue (Justin's grandmas) are not close by, but I know that they are loved by those special women and thought of often. We have much to be thankful for at this time of year. The precious birth of a Savior must always be kept at the forefront, but family must always be second. No matter what! Family is a blessing. They love unconditionally, keep you grounded, give you strength. I'm blessed to be part of a large, complicated, loving family.

No comments: