Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ham balls

The kids and I are staying with my parents this coming week while Justin is in Texas. I will drive back and forth to work everyday, JJ will come with me because he has summer school camp, and the other three will stay with my mom everyday.

I wanted to premake some meals so that my mom doesn't have to prepare everything all week for all of us. So, the kids and I went to Sam's Club and got a few things and then went to Henry's and got ham loaf mix. When we got home, I had the boys wash their hands...extremely well!! I don't like touching raw meat with my bare hands, so I've found that since boys love touching slimy things they make for great food preparers.

Tanner picked up on the ball making process as evidenced by his perfect pan of ham balls:

Now JJ and Hayden on the other hand started out strong, but finished not so well at the end. The outer ring of their pan is nice, but the middle kind of looks like puppy chow. However, their efforts were applauded, I thanked them for touching the raw meat for me, and they were quite proud of themselves. I have no doubt that they will taste just fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I get such a charge out of your blogs. You've turned into a great little mom and I'm proud of you!! I'm still cracking up over the "ham balls". Jeanette S.