Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Red hots

Preface to the story: Lucas fell today and got a bloody nose.

A few hours later, he came running out Tanner's room crying and rubbing his eyes and nose. In addition, his eyes were watering and his nose was running. And it looked like his nose was bleeding again. I laid him on the dining room table to look at what I thought was his bleeding nose. As I leaned down, I smelled a very strong cinnamon smell...and then I knew.

He had a red hot candy shoved in his nose! No wonder his eyes were watering and his nose was running. And the red stuff draining out of his nose was not blood...just the red coating from the candy as it melted in his nose. After several attempts, I still couldn't get it out. So I decided I would leave it where it was and eventually it would melt enough from all the snot it was causing to run past it.

Smart mom that I am, it just sort of fell out of his nose about five minutes later. And to top my night off, he wanted to eat it and was rather put out that I threw the candy piece in the garbage.

I love my boys, I really do...but there are some days when I feel like I'm living in comedy central

No comments: