Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Akron Zoo

We were bored yesterday and I told the boys we'd find a zoo to go to that we hadn't been to before (since we've seriously been to many, many zoos). I saw there was an Akron Zoo and since it wouldn't be too far and didn't look too big that Justin would be sad he missed it, I decided to take the boys Saturday...

except the weather didn't cooperate. Who wants to walk around a zoo in 30 degree weather?

So, today was a "beautiful" 55 degrees and we decided that was as good as it was going to get!! The Akron Zoo was indeed small, but the kids didn't seem to mind that it lacked most of the major zoo players (ex. elephants, giraffes, rhinos, hippos, gorillas, etc). They had a lot of smaller animals along with many different kinds of birds. All in all, it was a good day, we got out of the house and got some fresh air, and we can now check off another zoo on our list of zoos visited.

No comments: