Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Saturday, March 21, 2009

JJ teaches Hayden to ride a two-wheeler

JJ came running into the house today...yelling, "Mommy, mommy come quick. I mean right now!" Now, JJ doesn't yell...almost never. I jumped up, and ran to the door expecting to see blood, and lots of it. However, I did see my little Haydie bear...riding a two-wheeler...with no training wheels!

I was shocked...JJ and Hayden usually do not play well together. However, they had been outside all afternoon with each other and no major fights occurred. With this new milestone though, I think they just might be best friends. JJ is so proud of his "teaching" accomplishment and Hayden is so excited!! Now he can "ride with the big brothers". I didn't want to break his heart and tell him that it may still be a while before he can go on bike rides with Justin, Tanner, and JJ. That day will be coming...sooner than we expected I think.

Then, Tanner got in on the action. He kept saying, "Mom, take a movie of what we did with Hayden". I told him that I would take a video of him, but all credit would remain JJ's...he wasn't even outside so how could he have helped teach Hayden. He wasn't happy with someone else getting credit for a cool thing, but he got over it.

Congrats to Hayden...who I guess can't be called a little brother anymore. He's in the big boy league now!

No comments: