Every year, people ask me what my plans are for Thanksgiving. And every year I explain the same thing I did the last year...I spend Thanksgiving surrounded by 70+ family members and we gather in a fire hall. Huh? Yes, we gather in a fire hall that is part of my family's heritage and yes, there are that many people (if not more). This year the "unofficial" count was 82.

Justin and I went over on Wednesday night to set up the tables. Seating for 90 was complete. Our friends Micah and Shawn (Micah is the Asst Fire Chief of the station) joined us. The kids had fun playing ping pong on the set up tables, as well as checking out the fire trucks. Thanks Micah and Shawn and Kyler too.

I also took our little portable DVD player/TV so the kids could watch a movie if they got bored. It actually worked out really well. We'll have to make sure we take it every year.
It is a blessing to have a large family and it is a blessing to have a heritage to be proud of!
2 comments:
What is Shawn & Michah's address? Your family is AMAZING and we are thankful for each one of you. Love you all.
Grandma & Grandpa
Grandpa wonders if Justin will be hunting on Monday or if you have to work.
. . . ..
P. S. or is his Dad able to go??
Post a Comment