Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dead deer/road kill of the day

A nightly tradition in our household is waiting for the game commissioner who lives behind us to get home. He has a rack on the back of his jeep that he uses to collect road kill deer. Most deer are just gross, but there are those moments when the deer he has collected has horns that make the kids scream, yell, and scurry for their shoes so they can go out and look at them. I personally think they're all gross no matter how big a rack they have. However, today at lunchtime, Justin was the one screaming and yelling (the older boys were at school). There on the back of the jeep was a "non-typical" deer. Here's the pictures...hope you enjoy them as much as my husband did!

1 comment:

Julia said...

This is DEFINATELY a story that would be appreciated by Southerners everywhere! HAHA... who knew, Pittsylvanians enjoy a good "rack" on a deer too! (I am with you, I am not a huge fan of dead deer... or other animals that are not ready to cook when I see them)

Anyway - hope you are doing well:)