Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Braggin' on my boy

Justin took Tanner and JJ to Erie with him this afternoon as he will be hunting with his dad tomorrow he wanted the boys to have some time to visit with his mom. I stayed home with the pair of coughing, running nose, whining little boys. Oh, how I love them! I have been off work since Thursday and have been bored out of my mind since Friday. I think God gave me a little smack on the back of the head today in efforts to say, "Get with it and look at what's around you".

I am helping Justin with a research paper, working on our Christmas newsletter, and working on getting Luke's blog organized so that I can have it printed and bound for him as a memoir of this time in his life. Therefore, the computer and I have been inseparable. I see it as a way to deal with boredom...

However, today I finally stopped and gave into Hayden's whining to play on the computer. First we played some Webkins together and then I turned that off and opened a game that came installed on our laptop called "Purble Place" In this, there are three games. One is a simple memory/matching game, one is a cake making game (make a cake on a conveyer belt to match the one in the picture), and the last game is picking the correct combination of eyes, nose, and mouth for a purble creature.

Hayden will be four in January and today, along with the smack on the back of the head, I see how big my "little boy" is getting. Example one: the memory/matching game - Hayden was completing a 5x5 (one card was a wild) square of cards in no time at all. As I watched him, not only was he utilizing the computer like a pro, but he was matching cards that he had flipped over six+ cards ago...thus remembering where they were and what picture they had on them! On the cake game, you had to pick the correct shape pan, then press the arrow to move the pan to the next station, then pick the correct flavor batter, then press the arrow to move the cake to the next station, then pick the correct icing, then press the arrow...all the way until you move the cake into the packaging station. He was doing it!! Each step without hesitation or uncertainty.

It almost makes me cry thinking that my boys are soon to be no longer boys anymore. Time has already flown by so quickly. I have to stop and ponder whether I've missed anything. I can only pray that with God's help, Justin and I will give our boys the foundation they need to grow into men who will do great things.

No comments: