We made it back home! Nine hours, several potty stops, two puking episodes, a picnic lunch made in the front seat by mommy while daddy drove, and several movies watched... Man, I'm glad I pray for patience and am granted my request daily!
The kids are glad to be home...I think. Tanner actually told me today that he's glad to be back to school! Huh!? What eight-year-old says that? Tanner and JJ both have stacks of homework to catch up on, but neither of them are fighting doing it. They sit and do a few pages, take a break, come back and do some more, take a break, etc. Hayden and Lucas could care less where they are. As long as "Hayden Woods" (as he has dubbed himself) has a golf club in his hand he's pretty content. Lucas, or "Ucas" (as he calls himself) goes with the flow and as long as there is something to eat whenever he wants it, he's content.
I wish I could take a glance into the future and see if my visions of the boys are correct. Sadly, I don't see Tanner being the biggest brother. I fear he may be the smallest big brother. JJ just may end up like his Uncle Boomie and be tall and lanky. Hayden is going to be built like the linebacker his father hopes he will someday be. Lucas...well if his pooh bear belly tells us anything...is going to be a bruiser. And just ask Tanner...Lucas (age 1) has knocked Tanner (age 8) over more than a few times. The joy and blessings that come with four sons is boundless. Ten year ago I would have laughed if you told me I'd one day have four kids, much less four boys! But I love them and all they have brought into my life. Sure they bring frustration and sometimes anger, but the laughs and the joy are the times that are remembered! I'm grateful that God has a plan and that He really doesn't care what we think about it. His will is best and I'm grateful that through life's many dips, valleys, and turns I've learned to trust that will implicitly. It's not easy...but I hold tight to the fact that "faith as small as a mustard seed" will carry me through when I really can't see or accept the "will" in the "way".
No comments:
Post a Comment