Today, it rain. Well, it poured actually. By 3:30 I had just about had enough with the kids in the house and was worn thin with ideas of how to keep them functioning without another meltdown until bedtime. I finally said, "get your shoes and a sweatshirt, we're leaving. I don't know where we're going, but we're going somewhere". Every year we come down here, we go crabbing. Have we ever caught anything? Never, not even one. But we stopped at the grocery store, bought some chicken legs and then I noticed a bait shop near the grocery store. I told Justin that maybe they have better crab nets in there. So Justin goes in and the guy shows him that we don't need crab nets, just glorified safety pins with a weight on it and some string spooled on it. Also, we needed "chicken necks"! So Justin made his purchase and we went to our usual spot...except with the advice of the bait shop man, we moved a little bit from our "usual spot". Within seconds of lowering our bait, we were catching crabs! We didn't even have a bucket because we had never caught any! So we used the plastic grocery bag that we bought the chicken legs in (which we never used by the way because we got chicken necks from the bait man) and in about an hour we had 26 crabs!! The kids were ecstatic to say the least. And everyone had a great crab dinner!
Hope you enjoy the story of our day as much as we enjoyed living it!
No comments:
Post a Comment