One Saturday, the weather was bad and the boys wanted to go ice skating in either New Castle or Meadville. I told them no way. They mocked me, using my own words against me by saying, "It's just snow. You live in Pennsylvania. Just drive already." I told them that it wasn't about the snow, it was about just not wanting to go anywhere or do much that day. They moaned and groaned and whined and pouted. So, I told them we'd go to Wal*Mart, they could pick any snacks they wanted, and we'd raid the $5 movie rack. Ears perked up when they heard "any snacks they wanted" because that freedom is never granted. How they translated it was "caffeinated beverages" since we don't let them drink much soda. Here's the stach of snacks they came home with:
We also found some great movie multi-pack, ended up with 18 movies for $20. I even got to introduce them to Ernest P. Worrell :) I think they liked Ernest Goes to Camp the most.
We had a great day of just doing nothing but watching movies and eating snacks.


No comments:
Post a Comment