Family Photo 2012
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
When quitting's okay
I do not let my boys quit anything unless there is potential bodily harm at stake. However, JJ approached Justin and I last night about him feeling overwhelmed with school work and football and not getting home until 6:30 every night, etc. He asked if he could quit football to focus on school. And I said yes. I said yes because this is a huge step for JJ to analyze a situation and make a responsible decision and then make a calm request to Justin and I based on that decision. Anyone who knows JJ's academic and behavioral journey knows this is huge and I am so very proud of him. Crazy to think I'd be excited that my son is quitting something and I am. But I'm even prouder that he's gaining something - understanding and maturity - and those are what matters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment