My parents thought it would be a grand adventure to take the four boys and Bryce to Darien Lake Six Flags Amusement Park for two days and then to Niagara Falls. I know for sure that the boys had a blast and my parents did too. Although I think they were pretty happy to drop my boys off and head home for some much needed sleep after their time away.
At Darien Lake, they rented a cabin that had two bedrooms, a loft area, and a little kitchen. Add just steps from the front porch and the boys loved it!
Do you think Lucas liked the loft area?
I think this was the only peaceful moment my dad got the whole trip. Then the amusement park and water park fun began!
I'm guessing this is what the boys were doing while he was relaxing...
have ball, will entertain selves.
I think the boys wished they had brought fishing poles!
And then the amusement park beckoned and they were off!
| Look Grandma! One foot and balancing three spinning balls! |
| SHARK ATTACK!!! |
| A roller coaster all to themselves. |
Having to work together to pull their own weight in a race up the pole.
| The adventure crew! |
After having a blast at Darien Lake, the adventure moved to Niagara Falls, NY where the boys were treated to a ride on the Maid of the Mist, a walk through the Cave of the Winds, and a trip to the Aquarium of Niagara. Whew! A lot of excitement and a lot of water and the boys couldn't stop talking about it when they got home : )
| I think my mom thought of me while framing this pic. It's exactly how I would have shot it! |
You now get one color poncho for the Maid of the Mist and another for the Cave of the Winds.
You also get Niagara Falls sandals as part of the deal. Maybe too many complaints about wet sneakers.
| A little moss for lunch? |
I'm pretty sure the ponchos were ineffective in the Cave of the Winds....
Should be 'Cave of the Super Mist'!
| Hmm. A little too Sound of Music-ish! |
My mom said I was terrible to pack the boys coordinating outfits, but I am a huge advocate of making it easier to keep your eye on the four boys. We do this any time we go away and the boys aren't opposed. I think since we've always done it that it's just become their norm for when we travel. I should have emailed Bryce the color code for each day : )
Thanks mom and dad for giving the boys a grand adventure. It's one they'll not soon forget. And thanks Bryce. I'm sure you were a great help and the boys love spending time with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment