Fridays nights are camp out nights at our house, which basically means the boys can stay up until whenever and wherever they happen to fall asleep. Most Fridays it is an organized camp out in the living room, but other Fridays find us with boys sprawled everywhere. Last night was a rather boring night with Lucas, Tanner, and JJ all heading to their beds when they got tired. I assumed Hayden was in his bed until I myself went to bed and found him curled up beside a loudly snoring Justin. I decided I wasn't going to be able to complete my nightly shoving session of Justin to get him to stop snoring since he was so cutely curled up with his boy. And it appeared that Justin's snoring wasn't bothering Hayden at all.
So, I headed to Hayden's bed to sleep. A pretty good swap in my eyes - snoring room versus non-snoring room :) I quickly fell asleep in the unusual to me silence of a room.
FLASH! The next thing I know a bright light flashes and I wake up a little bit disoriented to where I am. I look up to see Lucas shutting the bedroom door. He then heads over to the TV and turns it on, quickly turning down the volume as it starts.
I whispered, "Hey Lucas. What are you doing?"
His back is to the beds as he starts looking left and right. "Mom? Where are you?"
"Lucas, I'm in Hayden's bed. What are you doing?"
"Watchin' TV. I shut the door and turned it down."
"What time is it? Go look."
As he runs to the kitchen, I had to laugh a little bit and wonder how many nights a week this happens.
He ran back in and said, "Two, dot, dot, twenty". Seriously!?
I said, "Buddy, 2:20 is not TV time. It is still sleeping time." He came and got into Hayden's bed with me and was soon snuggled in and back to sleep. I could have slept that way all night had I addressed one last issue before he hopped in bed. The door was shut and the heater was running. Now it's the largest of the three upstairs bedrooms but our heaters kick out a ton of heat and I knew we'd be stifling soon. So, I hopped out of bed to open the door. During those two seconds Lucas sprawled out leaving the only option for me to move to his now empty bed.
Justin woke me up at 6:30 to tell me he was leaving for work but I went right back to sleep and we didn't get up until 8:30. Ah, how I love Saturdays when sleeping in is an option.
After last night, I think I may have to put the baby monitor back in Hayden and Lucas' room to see if these late night TV sessions are a regular thing : )
No comments:
Post a Comment