My mom told the boys and I about the Crawford County Youth Field Day event and, of course, the boys were excited as soon as I read the flyer to them. Canoes, fishing, guns...need I say more?
Bryce decided he'd join the wild foursome, and Joy, Brett, & my dad came too.
Checking in:
Group #12 taking the short bus ride to station number one -
canoes, compasses, and coyotes
All geared up and ready to paddle.
Learning the proper technique to get in a canoe.
Heading out - Tanner and Lucas were partnered together
And Hayden was partnered with another boy in our group.
Bryce was paired with another younger boy in our group.
Making their way around the lake.
Traffic jam.
After the canoe station came the compass station.
Everyone received instructions on using a compass, as well as a map.
Then it was time to put that knowledge to work.
Setting the first coordinates...
and hoping they were heading the right direction.
Lucas didn't want to be left behind. I'm not sure he really understand
but he put in a good effort at trying to understand.
Concentrating. Are we there yet?
Once we'd made our way successfully through the course, we headed to a mini session on coyotes.
And, wow, was this guy excited to share his information on coyotes!
No comments:
Post a Comment