Tonight we all went to Hoss's for dinner. We'd barely started eating when Lucas got a scared look on his face and said, "That guy keeps staring at me" and pointed behind me. So I turned around. Only there were no people at any of the tables behind me. So I asked him who was staring at him. "That guy. That guy keeps pointed at me." So I turned around and finally saw what he was talking about - the Uncle Sam I Want You poster. And yes, from Lucas' angle it looked like he was staring and pointing directly at Lucas. I told him it was just a poster and he was fine. Only Lucas wouldn't calm down. He kept saying, "I really don't like him pointing at me. Mom, he's still looking at me." So, I changed Lucas seats thinking the problem would be over. Nope. He kept looking over his shoulder to see if the "man" was still looking at him and pointing at him. It finally took me telling him that he was not permitted to turn around to get him to quit whining about the "man".
Shortly after that the music in the restaurant started playing All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth. The older boys were talking about and singing along with the song. Lucas turned to me and said, "I wish my two front teeth were tall so people would think I was raised by beavers." I honestly can't make this stuff up : )
Then, the older boys were talking about Quaker, Steak, & Lube. Lucas' response to this? "Quaker, Steak, & Lou? Hmm. Lou? That's my capital name."
Last but not least...Lucas and Tanner were playing the staring game and laughing as each tried to make the other blink. As Lucas blinked he said, "Time out." Tanner told him that it didn't count since he blinked. Lucas' retort? "I called time out when I blinked so it does count."
Never, ever, ever a dull moment around here!
No comments:
Post a Comment