Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Deck the Halls

The boys love decorating their Christmas tree. And everything that goes on it is theirs.

They love pulling out the box of their ornaments and going through them one by one, carefully selecting which ones they each want the honor of hanging.


We usually decorate the tree when Justin's not around because he doesn't have much patience with the clutter it creates as the ornaments get laid out. However, this year he was home and placed himself behind the camera to keep from looking at the floor : )


While JJ and Lucas helped for a while, it was Tanner and Hayden who did the bulk of the ornament hanging. And they were so peaceful about it!


The only ornaments on the tree that aren't the kids are my Three Stooge figurines.

I got them out once just to show the kids and they promised if I let them put it on their tree they would be careful and never break them. So far, so good.


Success!


Since I got married my mom has bought me a piece of a Christmas village each year with additional pieces like fences, benches, people, etc. I tried putting a village under our tree one year but the kids just wouldn't leave it alone and I worried it would break. I now have all the pieces to the country village and am working on the victorian village now. Hayden begged me to let him put out some of our country village this year. I just couldn't say no to that sweet face.


This only represents about 1/5 of the country village pieces I have, but it satisfied Hayden's longing to have a Christmas village put out this year.

No comments: