Family Photo 2012

Family Photo 2012

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Big words in a little mouth

I had to got the grocery store the other night and Hayden decided to tag along. Justin gave him a dollar to buy himself a treat on the condition that he use the other dollar he gave him to buy Justin a Heath bar (Justin's favorite). The Heath bars are always right in the checkout lanes, so when we were done getting our few things, we headed there to look for a treat for Hayden and to grab a Heath bar. Except, there were no Heath bars. Hayden actually got upset for a minute. I think he thought since there were no Heath bars to take to Justin that he couldn't buy himself a treat either.

So, I reassured him that we'd go back to the candy bar aisle and look there. He whipped around and said, "There is no candy bar aisle, mom!" So I started walking back toward what I knew was the candy bar aisle and told him to just wait and see.

As we turned into the candy bar aisle, Hayden's eyes grew big and he said, "I stand corrected."

I...stand...corrected? From a 6-year-old. Wow, I don't know who's teaching my kid manners, but they're doing a great job : )

No comments: